"Modern Drywall is by far the best Drywall / Framing sub I have ever had the pleasure of working with. They are a union shop with a crew that out performs every sub I have working at the Kibbie Dome, and I have excellent subs on the job! With the level of difficulty and the fast paced schedule, these guys are performers."
Jeff Nelson, Superintendent | Walsh Construction Co.
Job site hazards and risk are inherent to the construction industry. Our tradesmen have to contend with heights, hazardous materials, slippery surfaces, sharp edges, power tools, heavy equipment, electricity, adverse weather conditions and other dangers. While risk and hazards occur, that’s different than assuming accidents are inevitable. Eliminating accidents through training awareness and investing in our safety program has been, and continues to be, priority number one. Our comprehensive safety program starts with the commitment from top management and permeates every level of company operations. It includes a full-time safety officer, regular training sessions, and an incentive program for achieving safety goals. These efforts have been recognized by the construction industry through the following awards:
- Safety and Risk Management Excellence Award – 1999 – AGC of Washington Safety Team
- Safety and Claims Management Excellence Award – 2001- AGC of Washington Safety Team
- Top Performer and Most Improved for Safety and Claims Management – 2002-2004 – AGC of Washington Safety Team
- Top Performer for Safety and Claims Management- 2003-2005 – AGC of Washington Safety Team
- Outstanding Performer for Safety and Claims Management with special recognition for:
- Maintaining a 7 year average EMR of .50
- 24% reduction in EMR from 2003-2005
- 2005 Top 10 Construction Companies with the lowest EMR in the state of Washington
- Safety Award for Excellence in Safety 2009 – Inland Northwest AGC
- Safety Award for Excellence in Safety 2010 – Inland Northwest AGC
- National AGC Safety Award – Certificate of Commendation for Excellent Safety Record 2012 – Zero Incident Rate – 50,000 work hours and over
- Safety Award for Zero Incident Rate 2012 – Inland Northwest AGC
- Safety Award for 25% Below Division Incident Rate 2012 – Inland Northwest AGC
- Safety and Claims Management Excellence Award – 2013 – Top Performer Retro Refunds- AGC of Washington Safety Team
- 2012 National AGC Safety Award- Outstanding Safety Performance
- Certificate of Commendation for Excellent Safety Record- Zero Incident Rate- 2015
AGC of Washington Safety Team
Since 1996 Modern Drywall, Inc. has been a member of the AGC of Washington Safety Team. Membership requires a comprehensive annual review that includes Accident Prevention Program review and update, OSHA 300 Log review and a third party Job Site Safety Inspection. The Inspection includes a thorough checklist to confirm the Company Safety Program is complete and effective in practice.
Experience Modification Rate (EMR)